Saturday, July 30, 2011

My new home( for 3 months)

Well, I have completed week one of my three month long internship here in Zacapa, Guatemala. This past week I have been participating in  various activities with our Bent tree and Faith Bible group and it has been amazing. I have have made so many new friendships within the last week! I have seen and done so many amazing things this week. The other interns and staff here have been so welcoming and I am excited to be spending time with them. The children of the house of hope are adorable and really good at soccer! I have just moved in to the Intern House With a really cool group of guys. It has been neat getting to know them over the past week. There is a new team that came in a few days ago from California and we are already getting to know each other. Its amazing how fast time flies by here. But at the same time it feels like each day takes a long time to get through. All in all I am loving being here and I look forward to sending you all more updates. Thanks for all of your prayers and support. God is doing amazing things here and I am happy to be a part of this.

P.S. BUENOSUERTES!!!!
( a little inside joke from the team)

2 comments:

  1. brother! great update. keep 'em coming. missing you, but so glad you're loving it there. sorry i missed your call - call again! love, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter! Thanks for taking the time to post what's going on in your life there in Guatemala. You know me, I love the details. So thankful that you're doing well and that you love the work you are involved in at the orphanage. I'll bet those kids love you!
    Love you.... Mom.

    ReplyDelete