Sunday, July 10, 2011

Last Day

Well, this past Friday I concluded my career with Kids Club after a little over two and a half years of work with the kiddos at Anderson and around the district. It has been a great opportunity to work there and I have made many great friendships there, but I am glad to be moving on with life and getting ready for my four-month stay in Zacapa, Guatemala. I have just under two weeks until I set off for Central America, and with every passing day I become more and more excited!
On a side note, some of you may be confused about the title of this blog. The phrase, "Learn by Doin'" is something I once said to my sister about how somtimes you have to try and fail to learn a lesson in life. Though it's sort of a funny name for a blog, the title fits the reason i'm writting this - I'm learning new things every day.
I would also like to take the time to thank everyone who has supported me, both financially and by praying for me. I can't express how grateful I am for all of you! I got a little sidetracked there, oh well!

1 comment:

  1. great blog, brother! i know you've been a blessing to the kids at your work and you'll continue to do so in this new endeavor.
    love you,
    sister

    ReplyDelete